I love blog tags because they let me carry on in all sorts of inane ways about myself. And let’s be honest, if you write a blog then you’re probably totally into that sort of thing. I also love reading tag posts because I’m infinitely
curious nosy about other people’s lives. It can be a bit like opening their bathroom cabinet, either literally or say, the bathroom cabinet of their mind. (That’s pretty deep.)
The lovely Jessica from The Belle Lumiere nominated me for a Liebster Award and I have to say, I am tres disappointed that it didn’t come with three wishes because then I would have wished for Port Adelaide to be playing the AFL grand final this weekend and for Port Adelaide to win the grand final this weekend. For my third wish I’m tossing up between the world’s best metabolism, the pair of Valentino Rockstuds I can’t find anywhere or world peace.
In any case, it’s always flattering to hear that someone a) reads your blog and b) wants to know what you think. Jess’ blog is one of my favourites, I’m pretty OCD about going through the posts on Blogovin’ in order but for her I will always skip ahead. The award is a kind of blogger pass the parcel where you answer a series of questions, nominate other bloggers and then create your own 10 questions. I don’t necessarily have anyone specific in mind to nominate but some of the blogs I follow and love and would be interested in their responses include Anissa at Beautifully Glossy, Julia at Chic to Do, Suzanne at Don’t They Know Who I Am, Dee at Year of the Tightarse and Dustyn at Zygomatic Fiend. Because Jess also stole some of my friends.
01) If you could ‘borrow’ the wardrobe of a TV character for the day, who would it be and why?
Anyone remember that old-ish show Lipstick Jungle? All the clothes on that are amazing across each of the characters.
02) What is your favourite TV show at the moment?
I love Hart of Dixie and The Mindy Project – they would be my two favourite TV shows that I cannot bear to miss. I’m also partial to Nashville, Parks and Recreation and Elementary but I find I don’t tend to watch a lot of TV then end up watching a show in bulk from a DVD or other sources. Probably the thing I watch most on TV is actually sport – AFL and rugby in winter, cricket and tennis in summer.
03) If you could have invented any makeup product, which one would it be and why?
I can’t believe lip crayons have really only become a ‘thing’ recently. That would have been a good one to lead the charge on.
04) What is your favourite thing about blogging/vlogging?
I love the actual process of writing, of committing a thought or opinion to a structure of words. I’m not sure I thought when I started my blog I would still be doing it nearly five years later and for it to become such an integral part of my life. Something that really surprised me about blogging and something I’ve really grown to love is the community around it and the fantastic people I’ve had an opportunity to get to know.
05) What is your favourite ‘beach read’ book?
I like YA or chick lit when I’m at the beach and nothing precious I’ll be upset about sticking next to a wet towel or getting sand through. Maggie Alderson, Cecelia Ahern and Sophie Kinsella are all good, otherwise any teen series tends to work a treat.
06) If you could create your own lipstick shade, what would you call it and what shade would it be?
I would do something dual ended with the same shade. I want a really rich cool toned pink/red raspberry shade with a creamy semi-matte version at one end and then a sheer, shiny version at the other. Honestly, I can’t think of a name that doesn’t sound stupid or inappropriate.
07) How many tabs do you have open on your window at the moment?
None, because I’m writing this at work and I’ve just come back from lunch. I hate having lots open though, I run a tight regime.
08) If you could change one element of your blog/channel what would it be?
I would very much like to have it looking better from a design point of view. I use the most basic free WordPress theme so there’s not a lot that’s fancy about it and I often look longingly at other blog designs. So far though I’ve struggled to commit too much to an idea of what I want or start the process of changing it.
09) What is your favourite movie to watch over the summer?
I love just actually going to the movies in summer, sitting in a frosty air conditioned theatre while it’s 40 degrees outside, watching some trashy big budget popcorn movie.
10) What are you most looking forward to, as we head towards the end of 2014?
I fly to Athens in five days so that’s pretty exciting – I have five weeks across Greece, Spain, Portugal, France and the UK, plus an extra week off when I come home. I also think there’s probably quite a few other changes coming my way in life in general (that’s not code for “I’m pregnant”) so it should be a very interesting finish to 2014. And finally, I’m incredibly excited for the 2015 AFL season already #yearofthepower
And here’s my questions…
1. What’s a book that’s had a big impact on your life?
2. How did you choose your career or job?
3. If you had unlimited budget and could buy any piece of clothing, what would it be?
4. What are your all time top three favourite products – skin care or cosmetics?
5. What’s the best place you’ve ever travelled to?
6. What keeps you motivated to blog?
7. What’s something you are passionate about?
8. Favourite song of all time?
9. Who is someone you look up to and why?
10. What’s the best meal you’ve ever eaten?